A Medley of Musings

Serious health and life changes, call for a serious name change to this blog. In the past I tried to research my blog name, so it wouldn't be a duplicate blog name that someone else might have. I won't be researching it this time around, so the name is subject to change without notice. Life is kind of like that.

The hand made toys, Mini-Me Jan, and Rolly the Octopus are also something I have a passion for. Making hand made items, especially toys.

Thank you if you're sharing this journey of written blog words, and various assorted written musings, with me by reading my blog now.

Jan

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Small things make me happy

Today I found something I thought I had lost. There's a group of people that knit, crochet or sew hand made caps to give away to cancer patients. Since I also like to knit and crochet, and have made hats and other items on the knifty knitter, I'm hoping to join up with this organization. I was able to get a handmade knitted hat, for my own balding head. Since I have a passion for knitting and crocheting, I'd like to help out in this area towards other people struggling with cancer.

I thought I had lost the piece of paper with the contact info on it, so I was very happy to find it sitting near my computer. Guess that means I should get on my old PC more often then I have been. I never know what I'll find sitting nearby.

If you're a knitter, crocheter, or a sewer, or a knifty knitter item creator, and you'd be interested in this site here's the link: http://www.nwilliniosheadhuggers.org or you can send an email to inquire about it to: nwilliniheadhuggers @mac.com. I haven't looked at the web site yet, but am glad I found something to make good use of my various yarn balls, that seem to grow like rabbits.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Jan! Good to see you blogging again. Somehow I doubt I am going to start knitting though. I am going to Montana with my brother to go canoeing on the upper Missouri River on Sunday--gone for about 2 weeks. Should be fun, assuming we manage to get along all that time. But, there are a lot of details to be taken care of before then, since that is a long time to be out of touch.

Anonymous said...

HI Jan!
I have been travelling too much--last weekend in Florida visiting my parents, and the weekend before that in Wisconsin with a high school friend. I'd like to come visit you. Should I just come knock on your door?

Love Rick

Anonymous said...

For anyone who happens to read this, Jan Sterrett died on July 15, 2008, from the breast cancer she talked about on this blog.

Good-bye Jan. I enjoyed your company very much. I love you.

Rick Johns